Witnessing Aarti

Walking down the small road on a hot day. The road was crowded with people due to the bazaar around that corner. It's great for traveler like me as I get a chance to experience more of their culture. Seemingly impossible, there's still people who insist on driving through this crowded road. Worst of all, they kept smashing the horn as if it's not going to make people angry. Back in my country, you would already been punched in the face and being dragged down from the car. However, non of these people mind at all. I guess this was also part of their culture. I fell in love with their food even though they were extremely spicy. I ate in almost every stall that they had and I can't stop. At the end of the road, people were gathering. The tall weird structure was something that I have read in the book. It must be their temple. People were circling around a small square. I was standing far away from the gathering crowd as it stop moving from where I stand. I could sees a person wearing a white thin cloth in the middle of the square. He's lighting the candle slowly one after another until all of the candles had been lightened up. I was still puzzling and curious about what sorta ceremony is this. It's Aarti ceremony. Said the person who stands besides me while holding a small flag. You mean this is called the Aarti? Yes, my friend. He said while trying his best not to fell onto anyone. By the way, I am Marvin. Nice to meet you. I shook his hand. You too. It's one of the ways to offer to the gods.He still struggles to not to fall onto the Indian lady in front of himThat's wonderful. Looking amazed.  

Comments

Popular Posts