Running From the War and Bombs

I could hear the sounds of the bomb when it hit the next town. I couldn't sleep as I was scared and each of us were sleeping with our belongings right in front of us. We were all ready to run when there's siren. My parents were dead while saving me from the last bombard that hit our house. They asked me to run as far as I can before they had their last breath. I ran with my might and this shelter was where I end up now with other refugees. All of them had these eyes as if they had seen the death. Their mentality were hanging on a string that would break anytime. If that string break, no one would be able to imagine and even stay sane. The bomb has been falling non stop for days now. Then the siren sounded. Everyone in the shelter woke up and started to run out. Some of them were panicked and couldn't stands while some were trying to help their family who were too old to even move. While everyone struggling to run out from the seemingly small wooden door, I decided to go for the backdoor where there's no one. I do not know what happens after that as I'm already miles away from the shelter. I could see corpse everywhere, some were still burning while others were filled with flies around them. I walk behind the dark and the pillars to avoid being shot by the soldiers in which I do not know which side are they on. I only know that one night, we were all caught up in this war and bombs falling from the sky. There were only news asking us to stay calm which obviously not what we suppose to do. However, I have heard that there was this fortress in the far east which was announced as a safe zone and people could seek asylum in this fortress until the war ends. And that's where I'll be heading. I have walked for days in the forest and had been eating wild fruits to survive. I have yet to know how many days I will still need to take to reach the safe zone. I could only hang on the hope that this safe zone is real and I'll be safe there.

Comments

Popular Posts