The Bean In The Cold

I am so cold. Why would I be living in this hell? Shouldn't I be dead right now? What's the point of me being exist in this world when everyone I cared about has left the world. Jason had these thought going through his mind all the mind while he was begging for the generosity from the people that walked past him. He had no money as all of his family and relatives were dead in a car accident and he was the only survived. All of the money were already used for his surgery and operation. Even though he had spare cash in his bank but it wasn't enough. Therefore, he had to go out in the cold and beg for the kindness from the people on the street. Some were kind enough to even give their spare change while the other gave him a weird stares. They must be thinking. What is this boy doing here, begging for money. I bet he is trying to cheat our money by being a poor beggar. He couldn't blame them as they were some who was really doing this in order to get some easy money without having a single care on their pride. Then a man approaches and handed him some beans.
"Hi kid, I sees you are having some tough situation being one of those few who came out in the cold." He said while placing some beans on his palm.
"Yes kind sir, I lost all of my families in a car accident and I am the only one survived. I had no choice but to do this to get through my day." the boy said while shivering in cold.
"Ah, I see, sorry for your loss. As you can see, I am a farmer and I own a greenhouse and needed some extra hand. I could provide you food and a place to stay for the winter. Do you think you are up for that?" He asked with a smile on his face.
"Sir, Yes sir, that would be great. I can help you in your greenhouse. But can I starts now?" The boy asked
"Why yes of course, my boy." He handed his jacket to me and bring me to his car to his greenhouse.
It's been 5 years that the boy been working in the greenhouse. The man did not chase him away after that winter but instead he offer him a job to help him out in the farm. The boy grew up and eventually inherit the farm after the man passed away.

Comments

Popular Posts